Carbonlite Passivhaus Designer Training
|Date: 29th April 2013||Time: Over 2 non-consecutive weeks|
|Location: Plymouth||Cost: £1999 plus VAT for PHT/ AECB members; £2349 plus VAT for non-members|
AECB CarbonLite, in association with WARM Low Energy Building Practice, offers a Passivhaus Designer programme specifically for the UK. This is for the internationally accredited qualification of Certified European Passivhaus Designer.
The course is delivered over 2 non-consecutive weeks, and ends with a 3 hour exam. On successful completion of the exam, delegates will be awarded either Passivhaus Designer or Passivhaus Consultant status, depending on their existing academic qualifications.
The course is delivered by UK professionals with Passivhaus experience. The full programme can be taken as an intensive course, or spread out as individual modules to suit your needs. The courses are delivered on a regular basis with small groups.
Why choose the AECB for my Passivhaus Designer Course?
- Courses are developed specifically for the UK and use UK building examples.
- The course is delivered by some of the most knowledgeable Passivhaus professionals in the UK. A range of trainers is used for each course to offer a breadth of experience.
- The programme is delivered using a mixture of lectures, group and individual learning, with exercises to continually affirm and test understanding.
- Relevant courses previously completed under the CarbonLite scheme will contribute towards the learning for this qualification.
Week 1: - 29th April- 3rd May
- Introduction to Passivhaus (1 day)
- Science of Passivhaus (2 days)
- Construction of Passivhaus (1 day)
- Thermal Bridging (1 day) (not included in PH Designer course, recommended addition)
Week 2: 20th – 24th May
- Building Services for Passivhaus (2 days)
- Passivhaus Planning Package (2 days)
- Revision session (1 day)
Exam – 14th June
The cost of the full Passivhaus Designer course, including revision session and exam, is £1999 plus VAT for AECB members (£2349 plus VAT for non-members). Prices for individual modules are £249 for the 1 day courses (Introduction and Construction) and £499 for the 2 day courses (Science, Services and PHPP). The Thermal Bridging course is optional, and does not form part of the Passivhaus Designer course. The cost of this is £249.
This course is run at least three times per year in London, Bristol and Plymouth. The next course in Bristol is in September, and London in November. More information can be found on the AECB website: www.aecb.net/carbonlite/carbonlite-programme/training-courses/
For further information, or to book a place on any of the courses, please contact Sophie Phillips on 01752 542546 or email email@example.com.