UK Passivhaus Open Days 2013
|Date: 8 - 10 November 2013||Time: N/A|
|Location: All over the UK||Cost: FREE|
Over the last 20 years, Passivhaus has become synonymous with quality, comfort and energy requirements low enough to be feasibly and sustainably covered with renewables. From 8 - 10 November 2013, owners and residents of Passivhaus buildings will be able to show members of the public just that by opening their homes and offices for the 10th annual International Passive House Days.
Visit Passivhaus buildings across the UK
At the UK Passivhaus Open Days, you will have the opportunity to experience the comforts of the Passivhaus standard first hand and learn more about it. A range of projects will be open to the public including private houses, social housing, community buildings, office buildings and refurbished properties. The buildings have been designed by different architects and built using various construction methods.
Register your Passivhaus building for the UK Passivhaus Open Days
Can your Passivhaus building (either under construction or complete) be opened up to visitors anytime during Friday 8th and Sunday 10th November 2013? If yes, then register your project with us by completing the form below. Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Open Days have been organised in conjunction with The International Passive House Days set up by the International Passive House Association (iPHA). The iPHA event is currently in its 10th year and will have projects from all over the world open to the public.
To participate in the International Passive House Days, please register your project with the International Passive House Database at www.passivehouse-database.org. Registration is free of charge. First time users will be asked to create an account. If you would like to open a Passivhaus building already registered with the Passive House Database, simply fill out the information on this year’s Passive House Days viewing appointments and update your contact data if necessary. Detailed registration instructions can be found on the iPHA website.
Please note: Those with projects already registered on the International Passive House Database need not doubly register their projects for the Open Days with the Trust separately.
List of participating projects and their opening times
- 3 Admiral's Hard- Plymouth, Devon
- Beacon View Passivhaus- Compton Dundon, Somerset
- Craigrothie Passivhaus- Cupar, Fife
- Cre8 Barn, Stirley Community Farm- Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Cropthorne Autonomous House- Pershore, Worcestershire
- Denby Dale Passivhaus- Denby Dale, West Yorkshire
- Fox Barn- Andover, Hampshire
- Greendale Studio- Canterbury
- Hadlow Rural Regeneration Centre- Hadlow,Tunbridge
- Lancaster CoHousing- Halton, Lancashire
- Oakmeadow Passivhaus Primary school- Wolverhampton
- Parkview Hub- Thamesmead, London
- Plummerswood Active House- Innerleithen, Scottish Borders
- Rear of 306 Cherry Hinton Road- Cambridge
- Silverton Passivhaus- Exeter, Devon
- Steel Farm- Whitfield, Kent
- The Greenhauses- Octavia's Sulgrave Gardens- West London
- The Kier Living Passivhaus, Paignton, South Devon
- Totnes Passivhaus- Totnes, Devon
- Whipley Lodge- Guildford, Surrey